St. John’s Preschool, a ministry of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church since 1969, is a State-certified, private, academic Christian school. We are committed to providing a strong, academic preparatory curriculum rooted in Christian values for families with children of preschool age. We are resolute and unswerving in providing programming that is consistent with words from scripture (Proverbs 22) to “train up a child in the way they should go, so that when they get old, they will not depart from it”. Our belief is that every child has a unique, God-given gift, and our teachers are dedicated to helping each child reach their individual potential. The goals of our Preschool are that each child will:
- experience and reflect Christian love toward one another
- make a successful transition from home to school
- grow by paying attention, following simple directions, taking turns, and completing tasks
- develop social skills: getting along with other children and adults
- develop a positive attitude toward school
- develop self-expression and self-control
- accept help and direction from adults
- obtain age-appropriate readiness skills
We work in partnership with the Boyertown Area School District to ensure our program is in alignment with the expectations and standards for kindergarten readiness. When needed, we coordinate with the local Intermediate Units to facilitate Early Intervention Services.
You can reach us directly at 610-367-0197.