WE, the members of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, BELIEVE membership is based on the promises we affirm in baptism and confirmation (Affirmation of Baptism):
- to live among God’s faithful people;
- to hear God’s word and share in the Lord’s supper;
- to proclaim the Good News of God in Christ through word and deed;
- to serve all people following the example of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- to strive for justice and peace in all the world.
Based on these promises and challenges, membership invites a certain response. We gather around Word and Sacrament. If we are not present to hear or partake, we are not living among God’s faithful people, hearing His Word or sharing in His supper.
Find resources to help deepen your understanding of Living our Baptismal Promise here:
WE, the members of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, ARE INSTRUCTED by the Constitution of our congregation to:
- Regularly join in services of worship.
- Earnestly study Holy Scripture and observe private and family devotions.
- Regularly talk with God and listen to God in prayer.
- Present children for Holy Baptism in early infancy.
- Diligently nurture children in the Christian faith in the home and in the schools provided by St. John’s.
- Reach out to all people to bring them to faith.
- Serve to meet human needs.
- Promote the unity and welfare of the congregation as a family of God.
- Contribute to the financial support of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.